Frequently asked questions
My duct-work is the flexible type. Will your service damage my ducts?
No. Most ductwork in newer construction in Florida is like yours, and that is why we use the method of air duct cleaning that we do. The negative air method that we use cannot damage your ductwork. We are simply vacuuming the ducts to remove loose dust and debris under controlled pressure verified by a suction gauge on the negative air machine. We do not remove the vent grills to insert any rotating device that could damage them. Any contaminants that remain in the ducts are neutralized when we sanitize the system to kill microbiological growth and to prevent their regrowth.
Will we need to leave the house while you clean our ducts?
No. All of the air coming out of our machines is triple filtered. The HEPA filter ensures that nothing harmful comes out into your home. (The air you are breathing before we clean your ducts is the risk to your health.) The natural disinfectant that we use to sanitize your ducts is also harmless to humans and pets alike, and requires no personal protective equipment, and no first aid if ingested, inhaled, or contacts skin or even gets in your eyes, and yet it kills 99.9 % of germs, and it continues to inhibit their regrowth for up to 12 months.
Do you need to hook your machine up to every duct in the house?
No, just one. Our machine enables a reverse flow of air from all vents that normally blow out. We turn your system off and start our machine. This makes it safe for us to “dust” off contaminants on the remaining vents throughout the house with a pole duster. We clean the return vents with a second HEPA filtered back-pack commercial grade vacuum cleaner.
Is the black stuff coming out of my vents mold?
It is evidence of mold contamination, as well as other microbiological contamination including mildew, bacteria and viruses. Dead mold spores turn black and show themselves on the grills, the ceiling, and any close fan blade tops. This material has a greasy feel, differentiating itself from dust which usually is light and “fluffy”, and is white or light gray in color. To prove the existence of mold, you need a live sample from inside your system. Even small amounts of mold can be dangerous to your family’s health.
Can duct contamination really make me sick?
Yes. It is our experience that when we see the black discharge on every vent grill in a house, some one in the family is ill. After we sanitize these homes, we receive feedback, all positive, including but not limited to the following:
My asthma symptoms are gone
My allergies are gone
I am sleeping much better
I don’t wake up with headaches anymore
I don't wake up with a stuffy nose or scratchy throat anymore
My unexpected nosebleeds have stopped
My skin rash has cleared up
Why should I use UV light?
UV (ultraviolet) light is capable of breaking organic molecular bonds that hold biological cells together. Even a single, brief exposure to UV light can be sufficient to destroy mold, bacteria, viruses and many allergens. Our system works in two ways. First, the cellular damage caused by exposure to UV light makes biologic agents incapable of reproducing. Second, it ultimately leads to wide-scale destruction of unwanted, potentially harmful elements in your home’s air. UV light can be effective on:
Bacteria like yeasts